This guide provides you with the basic steps to getting up and running, including adding users, uploading photos, and setting permissions.
Let’s get started!
1. Log in and set your new password
Log in to your account at https://libris.photoshelter.com/.
To change your password, click on your name on the top navigation bar, and then Profile.
2. Set your URL and site name, and customize your Portal
- From the Admin menu, select Portal Settings.
- On the General Settings page, fill in the URL and the Library name you’d like on the front of your Public Portal. Click Save Settings.
- Click Branding in the left hand menu. Your first option here is to set your logo. You may upload an image by dragging and dropping, or clicking into the logo box to browse for a file. You can also use text as a logo.
- Next you may update your colors. Color customization settings include Logo (if text is used as a logo), Navigation Text, Navigation Background, and Links. Click on a color to edit. You may use your mouse to select a color using the the color picker, or type in a known color's hexadecimal code.
To set your homepage image, scroll down on the Branding page. Just like you can with your logo image, you can simply drag-and-drop your image from your computer into the blank white space, or, click the pencil icon to browse for a file instead. Note: A 2:3 image aspect ratio is best for responsive web. If you're overlaying a logo onto the image, near-center is best.
- To change the homepage image, you’ll have to delete the current image being used first. Hover over the image and click on the trash can icon to remove the existing image. Then select a new image again by dragging and dropping into the white space, or using the pencil icon to browse.
- All changes on the Branding page will be saved automatically.
3. Add other Library Staff users
- From the Admin menu, select Library Staff.
- Now you can either add Editors, Taggers or Contributors via the tabs at the top of the dialog box, or via the links at the bottom of this box.
4. Import folders and files in bulk
- You can upload whole file folders from your computer, a hard drive, or server using Incoming FTP
- Select a Collection (such as the one with your name on it) and click the green Add Gallery button. You can give the Collection a descriptive name. In most cases, it's best to set permission to inherit from the 'parent' Collection.
- Once you’ve created the Gallery, you can add images by the same drag-and-drop method outlined above. You can also add new Collections with the green Add Collection button. Use these Collections like folders to organize your galleries.
Learn more about creating Collections and Galleries.
6. Add Invited Users
- You’ll want some people to have access to images through the public Portal (your media library's website). To do this, start by adding Invited Users, then give them permission to access images. Select Invited Users from the Admin menu. Click the green button in the center pane to add a user.
- It’s easiest to manage user access permission with user groups. You can start by making one for Library Staff. If you have other stakeholders that need access to images, add them as Invited Users and then make a group for them. Click the green button at the top of the left pane to make a group. Once you’ve made the group, you can add Invited Users from the center pane by drag-and-drop.
Learn more about inviting users.
- You can click the 'stoplight' indicators to set new permissions. We suggest you start by giving your Library Staff permission to access images on the portal. You can set expiration dates for Gallery permissions, and restrict downloads to reduced-size images if you’d like. Once you save, the eye and arrow will turn yellow.
Learn more about Visibility and Access settings, including how to read the stoplights.
Learn more about setting and changing the Visibility and Access permissions.
- Select View Portal from the top navigation bar, and you will be taken to the Public Portal. From there, select Galleries. Here you will see a list of all public galleries, as well as any other galleries you have been invited to view. Note that every logged in user will only see galleries they have been invited to; the list will change dynamically depending on which user is logged into the Portal.