Setting up the Publish Service
The Publish Service with the Libris Lightroom Plug-in allows you to remotely create Collections and Galleries in your Libris account from your personal Lightroom catalog. You can then select images to publish to your organization's Galleries. This creates a direct sync between the images in your individual Lightroom catalogue and the Libris library. This sync means that any edits you make to the images in Lightroom can be re-published to those images in Libris. The sync is one way, meaning images can only travel from Lightroom to Libris.
Please note that if you decide to use the publish service to create Collection and Galleries in the Publish Services area of the Lightroom catalogue, you should do so from the outset of the creation of your Libris Library and stick with managing your account from Lightroom moving forward. Publish service works best when you are the only one managing the Libris library and creating Collections/Galleries in the account because of the nature of the sync between your Lightroom catalogue and the Libris account.
- In the Library Module of your Lightroom catalog, scroll down the left pane to Publish Services, where the Libris plugin should be listed once it has been installed.
- Click Set Up... on the right of the PhotoShelter/Libris logo.
- Name the Publish Service based on the file type/size you intend to publish (e.g. Full Size JPEGs), and/or the Libris account you want to publish to, if you are a contributor to multiple PhotoShelter and Libris accounts.
- Enter your PhotoShelter email and password to connect the Publish Service to Libris, then select the Libris Organization (only applicable if you have Editor privileges to more than one account).
- Select the appropriate File Naming, Settings, and Image Size. We suggest sRGB and Include: All metadata.
When you click Save, the plug-in will contact the PhotoShelter servers and retrieve all the existing Collections and Galleries in your Libris Library and will list them in your Lightroom catalog.
Create Collections and Galleries
- Drag images from your local hard drive into Lightroom to ingest them into your catalog.
- Right click on the Libris Publish Service tab, and select Create Libris Collection...
- Give the Collection a new name, and then set it as a parent Collection by selecting None as the Set, or by selecting an existing Collection in which this new one should be nested.
- Once the Collection is created, you can create Galleries in similar fashion: right click on the Collection you just created, and select Create Libris Gallery.
- Drag the appropriate images to the newly created Gallery.
- Click the Publish button to push the images to your Libris account. The upload time depends on your Internet speed.
The Publish Service makes it easy to update keyword and metadata information from Lightroom to Libris.
- From the Library module in Lightroom, open your Keyword List in the right pane, and click the + button to create a new keyword.
- From the Libris Publish Service tab in the left pane, select the appropriate Gallery or Collection and click on it to view the images in the center pane.
- Select the images that match the new keyword, and drag them from the middle pane and drop them onto the new keyword in the right pane to add that keyword to those images' metadata.
- The middle pane will now indicate Modified Photos to Re-Publish. Click the Publish button at the top right of the middle pane to update the photos to your Libris account. When you update the metadata, the entire JPG is uploaded to Libris. Depending on the number of images, this may take a while to complete.
Updating image adjustments
The Publish Service allows you to make image adjustments (e.g. contrast, shadows, etc) in Lightroom and republish on Libris. This updates the image file without altering View and Access permissions, Galleries that the image might be included within, etc.
- In the Develop module of Lightroom, make the appropriate image adjustments.
- Switch to the Library module, and in the left pane, under Publish Services, find the Lightroom plug-in and select the Gallery that contains the image.
- Click the Publish button in the top right of the middle pane to update your Libris Library.
Make alternate versions
If you want to publish alternate versions of an image to your Libris account (e.g. black-and-white), you can create a Virtual Copy in Lightroom and use the Publish Service to synchronize it.
- In the Library module of Lightroom, find the appropriate image contained within a Gallery under Publish Services in the left pane.
- Right click the image and select Create Virtual Copy.
- In the Develop module of Lightroom, apply the appropriate image adjustments to the Virtual Copy.
- Go back to the Library module of Lightroom, and with the Publish Service tab still selected, click the Publish button in the top right of the center pane.