Upload with the Libris Uploader Mobile App
The Libris Uploader app gives you a direct route from image (or video) capture right to any Libris accounts you have Contributor access to. You should have already received an email inviting you to contribute to this Libris account, and clicked a link to set a password to go with your email address. Read more about accepting your Contributor invitation.
- Requires iOS 8.4 and above
- Formally supported devices: iPhone 4s and later
- Compatible devices: iPad, iPad mini, and iPod Touch
- While our testing revolved around the iPhone experience, the app should work for your iPad as well. If you're having trouble with an iOS device, please contact our Client Services team.
- Requires Android 4.0.3 and above
Download the app
- On your iOS mobile device:
- Open the App Store and search for “Libris Uploader”
- Or visit this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/libris-uploader/id1104730629
- On your Android device:
- Go to Google Play and search for
- Or visit this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.photoshelter.photoshelterlibris
- Log into the Libris Uploader mobile app with your Libris contributor account email and password
- If you have upload access to more than one Libris account, you’ll choose which account to upload to after logging in
On the home screen, you’ll see the Libris account’s name and several options:
- Your Uploads
- Send Images
- Settings (gear icon)
- To upload, tap “Send Images”
- To view your previous uploads, tap “Your Uploads”
- To switch accounts or log out, tap “Settings”
- From the home screen, tap “Send Images”
- Note that if you do not see any images from your Camera Roll upon clicking "Send Images," you may have to edit your phone's settings to allow access. You can find this in Settings > Privacy > Photos. Make sure Libris Uploader is toggled "on".
- Select up to 20 images from your Camera Roll and tap “Next”
- If an Administrator or Editor on the the organization's Libris account has confirmed they have video enabled, videos in your Camera Roll will also appear, and you can select and upload videos in addition to images. There is a file size maximum of 200MB (equivalent to ~2 minutes of uncompressed raw video on an iPhone 6)
- Note: HEIF files, such as those created on an iPhone 7 (or later model) running iOS 11, are currently processed by Libris as non-image files. Before uploading HEIF files, check with an Administrator or Editor on the organization's Libris account to confirm that their account offers full file support. If you are interested in changing your iOS settings to capture images as JPGs instead of HEIF/HEIC, you can learn how to change your iOS Camera settings here.
- Describe your upload. This will become part of the gallery name and also added as IPTC keyword(s) to the files uploaded. This description is limited to 25 characters.
- When the images and/or videos land in the Libris Library, the gallery name format will read: “UP: [description] - [First initial. Last name] - [Date]”, e.g. “UP: Opening day - M. Roberts - 27 May 16”
- If your description contains commas, it will be split into multiple keywords, e.g. if you put “Playoffs, men’s baseball” the images will contain the IPTC Keywords “Playoffs” and “men’s baseball”.
- If you’ve already uploaded images and would like to add more images to the existing gallery, tap “Use: [description]”. The second batch of images will land in the existing gallery.
- Tap “Upload,” then confirm the upload on the next screen by tapping “Upload Now”
- You’ll see a progress bar for your upload. You can either exit the upload screen or wait until the upload is done; either way, the upload will complete.
Please note: by default, as a Contributor, you are not able to view where you upload lands in your organization's Libris account. The Administrator and Editors on the organization's Libris account manage your upload.
Viewing previous uploads
- From the home screen, tap “Your Uploads”
- You’ll see any uploads in progress, as well as previous uploads
- If you tap a previous upload, you’ll see the images you uploaded during this app session. If you’ve logged out of the app and logged back in, your previous session’s uploads will be cleared from the app.
- If you tap “Delete” on a previous upload, it will remove that upload record from your “Previously Uploaded” list. No images will be deleted from your device or from the Libris Library.
- If you have upload access to more than one Libris account, you can switch which account you’d like to upload to within the app.
- On the home screen, tap the gear icon, then “Switch Accounts”
- Select a new account and tap “Next”
- The name of the new account will appear on the home screen to indicate where your uploads will go.
- On the home screen, tap the gear icon, then “Log out”
- Logging out will clear your upload record, so “Previous Uploads” will be empty the next time you log in. No images will be deleted from your device or from the Libris Library.