Tax requirements vary by jurisdiction, and in order to provide a flexible system, Libris supports a tax table which assesses tax based on the location of the buyer.
NOTE: Please consult with your tax professional for specific information regarding taxes. None of the information herein should be considered as legal or tax advice.
Sales Tax Configuration
1. To access the tax table, go select Sell > Sales Tax from the Navigation Bar.
2. Click the blue Create Tax Configuration button.
You will see the following table. Here's a brief explanation of the components:
- Items to tax: Select the appropriate item(s).
- Tax shipping fees: Determine whether shipping fees should be taxed. In the U.S., this fee is typically not taxed.
- Display this text next to tax line on invoice: This field can be used to list your VAT (value added tax) ID.
- Display tax as VAT on invoice: Countries with VAT taxes might need to specify the tax as a VAT rather than a more generic "tax" line item.
3. In the various countries and regions, you can insert a tax rate. Leaving the field blank will assess no tax for that region. The U.S. and Canada support state-level taxation, while the other countries do not have this level of detail.
4. You can batch apply a tax rate by placing your rate into the field titled Apply rate to all blank fields in this section (located at the top of each geographical grouping). This mechanism will not override individual entries that you have already input.