A Quick Send is a great way to send a few (or many) files to a client without logins, passwords, attachments, or third-party services. Through the Quick Send feature, you may easily bundle together a group of files and generate a download link that you can send to your client. For your security, the link is only valid for 1 week.
You can use Quick Send to deliver any file in your account.
1. From the Left Pane of your Library, select the gallery that contains the file(s) you want to send.
Note: You can also use Quick Send from file search results.
2. Select the files that you want to send to your client for download. (Select multiple files by using the command key on a Mac or the ctrl key on a PC, or by clicking and dragging across a range of thumbnails.)
3. Select Quick Send from the Actions menu at the top of the Center Pane.
4. Select the file size and format you want to send, then click Next.
5. Here, you'll see the download URL. From here there are two options:
A. Send files without leaving PhotoShelter
Enter your client's email addresses (comma separated), customize your message, and click Submit. PhotoShelter will send your message and download link immediately. Upon submitting the form, you'll see a fading notification at the Center Pane that confirms your email was sent.
Note: The sender name on this email will use the first and last name as entered in your account information.
B. Send files from your company email account
Copy the download hyperlink and paste it into a draft email in your preferred email client (e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook), then click Cancel. The link will still work after you click Cancel. Remember to tell the recipient that the link expires within 1 week.
After an file has been retrieved via Quick Send, you'll see a record in your Download Logs. (These logs only contain the most recent 90 days of download history.)
What the Quick Send Recipient Sees
The recipient of the quick send link receives an email with a link. Clicking this link takes them to a web page with a link. Clicking that link will launch the download of a zip file.
Note: To learn how Quick Send works for your clients, try using it to deliver files to your own email address. But remember, after 1 week, it's no longer available! (see below)