Step 1: Edit your Google Analytics View Settings
- Sign in to Google Analytics
- Click Admin on the top menu bar and on the left, Account tied to your Libris website (I called mine “My Libris”).
- In View, the third column, make sure it says All Web Site Data
- Click View Settings
- Under Site Search Settings, click to turn ON Site search Tracking.
- In the Query parameter field paste “M_DSC=, M_DSC” (without the quotes)
- Click Save
*It might take a some time to view the impact of adjusting these settings in Reporting.
Step 2: View Results
- At the top navigation click Reporting
- At the left hand navigation, click Behavior > Site Search
- Go to Search Terms to identify what terms users are entering to search.
- Go to Pages to identify the pages from which users started searching.
- Click one of the pages in the table to see the search phrases used from that page.
- Click one of the search phrases in the table to see the resulting destination pages.
SAMPLE RESULTS FROM ONGOING SITE SEARCH TRACKING