Login as an Admin or Editor and click Media > Library. To open the Visibility & Download Access (V&A) dialogue box for a specific Collection or Gallery, move your cursor over the stoplight icon and click the blue gear that appears.
Once you are in the dialog box, you can choose the permission settings you need. For more advice on what to select, see Visibility & Access Settings.
Make a Gallery Publicly Visible
Once the V&A dialog is open, change the Native Visibility dropdown from “No one but me” to "Everyone." This will make the gallery visible on the Portal for everyone. This means, anyone who stumbles across your organization's portal site will be able to see this Collection or Gallery.
Changing visibility to "Everyone" does not change the download permission setting for this Collection or Gallery. If you want to grant download permissions, click “Add Permission” and follow the directions in the next section to add additional permissions.
The example above shows how you can apply more than one kind of download permission to your publicly-visible Collection or Gallery.
Adding V&A Permissions for specific people and groups (Invited Users and User Groups)
- Change the "Native Visibility" dropdown from “No one but me” to “Those with Permission.”
- The click the "Add Permission" button. This brings up the permission setting.
- Start typing an Invited User's name or a User Group in the first blank. As you start typing, Invited Users or User Groups with matching names will auto-fill. You can add additional Invited Users and User Groups in the box. If you save it this way and edit it at a later time, you will notice they will be separated the next time you edit this Collection/Gallery's permission settings.
NOTE: If you type an email address in this box and click "Save", the email address will automatically be added to your Invited User list (without a first/last name).
- If you want the access permission to expire on a particular date, click the EXP field.
- You can specify Download permission in the DL Type section. By default, no download is allowed.
- If you want to restrict download to a particular size of file, choose it in the pulldown. You can also allow download of the original file.
- You can set a maximum number of downloads in the final field.
- Make sure to click Save when you’re done.
Add additional permissions, if desired
You can make multiple permission settings for a collection or gallery. One group may get view-only access, while another gets full download permission. Just keep clicking the "Add Permission" button to bring up a new line.
Deleting a Permission
If you wish to remove a permission entirely, open the V&A panel and click the orange trash can icon to the right of the permission you wish to remove.