Libris is a cloud-based media library specifically designed for businesses and organizations. Photoshelter Photographer accounts are similar to Libris accounts, but they differ in a few key areas:
- A Libris account may be owned by a company or institution, rather than an individual.
- Libris accounts have a multi-user, role-based structure, whereas PhotoShelter accounts assume the photographer is the administrator, editor and tagger.
- The Libris user interface and terminology are geared to organizations rather than photographers.
- Libris offers a consolidated organization and permission structure, appropriate for a company.
- Libris offers limited customization options, while PhotoShelter Photographer accounts offer a wide range of professional portfolios and customizable websites.
- PhotoShelter accounts can store image files only, whereas Libris accounts may offer additional support for video, audio, and other file types.