Libris Creative Cloud Connector Installation
With the Libris CC Connector for Adobe Creative Cloud, you can drag and drop Libris files directly into InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator.
You can place Libris files directly into your InDesign layouts, browse your Libris account, search, and toggle between the low and high resolution versions of the files; without leaving InDesign.
You can open images stored in Libris, make edits, and save your changes back to Libris by replacing the original, or uploading the edited image as a new file.
In this article, we’ll cover how to install the Libris Connector for Adobe Creative Cloud 2018.
A few important notes before we start:
- You need to be able to install new software on your computer. If you can’t, please contact your IT department.
- Only Libris Admin or Editor accounts can use the Connector
- The Libris CC Connector is an add-on feature that requires a license key. Please contact your Libris Account Executive or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Close all Adobe applications
- Update InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator to their latest versions (2018 version is required)
- Double-click the Libris CC Connector installer (your Libris contact will provide you with this) and follow the on-screen instructions
- After the installation finishes, open Adobe InDesign CC 2018
- You’ll see the following dialog:
- If you have a license key for Libris CC Connector (your Libris contact will provide you with this), click “Yes” to activate now, or click “No” to activate later. (To activate your license later, choose Libris > Activate from the InDesign menus)
- You’ll be asked to log in to Libris. Enter your Libris email address and password to start using the connector.
- Select the Libris organization you want to access
- You can log out, set preferences, and more from the Libris CC Connector flyout menu
Opening the Libris CC Connector window
- Open InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- Click Window on the top navigation.
- Choose Libris CC Connector from the Extensions section
- The Libris CC Connector window will open
Adding Libris to your InDesign Links window
- Open Adobe InDesign CC 2018
- Open the Links window
- Choose Panel Options from the Links window flyout menu
- Scroll down to Libris and make sure Show Column and Show in Link Info are checked
- You’ll see a new Libris column appear with a green logo at the top
You can switch between the low resolution and high resolution versions of Libris files by double-clicking the icon under the Libris column.
To switch all Libris files from low resolution to high resolution, hold down the Option (Alt) key and double click any Libris file. This process may take a very long time to complete, depending on your internet and computer speed as well as the number of linked files in your document.