With the Libris CC Connector for Adobe Creative Cloud, you can drag and drop Libris files directly into InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator.
You can place Libris files directly into your InDesign layouts, browse your Libris account, search, and toggle between the low and high resolution versions of the files; without leaving InDesign.
You can open images stored in Libris, make edits, and save your changes back to Libris by replacing the original, or uploading the edited image as a new file.
In this article, we’ll cover how to use the Libris Connector with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator 2017.
- Open InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- Create a new file or open an existing one
- Click Window on the top navigation.
- Choose Libris CC Connector from the Extensions section
- If you’re not asked to log in, click the menu icon on the top right corner of of the Connector window and select Log In.
- You’ll be asked to log into Libris. Enter your Libris email and password to start using the connector.
Browsing your Libris account
In this section, we’ll cover how to find and open files in your Libris account.
Double click on any folder to see its contents
Double click any file to see a preview
Click the folder name at the top of the connector panel to view the folder tree
Searching for files
To search for specific Libris files, collections, or galleries:
- Click the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner of the connector window
- Type your search term
- Choose File name, Collection name, or Gallery name
- Click Search
Opening or placing a file
If you want to open or place (InDesign) a file:
- Click once on the thumbnail or preview to select it
- Click and drag it into the main application window
Saving edits back to Libris (Photoshop or Illustrator)
- Open a Libris file in Photoshop or Illustrator
- Make your edits
- Save the file locally (File > Save)
- Choose Upload to Libris from connector flyout menu
- Choose Upload new file or Replace
- Click Upload
Switching from low to high resolution links (InDesign)
When working in InDesign, you can switch to the high resolution version of a Libris file before you package the document for pre-press, or any time you need to see more detail. Since working with high resolution files is slower, you can switch back to the low resolution version whenever you need to work quickly.
- Open the Links window
- Double click the icon under the Libris column to switch to the high resolution version of the linked file. To switch all Libris files to high resolution, hold down the Option (Alt) key and double click any Libris file. This process may take a very long time to complete depending on your internet and computer speed as well as the number of linked files in your document.