The file search allows you to search for terms and refine your results by file type, orientation, date and more.
To start a new search, type a term into the search bar on the top right corner of the Galleries page and either click magnifying glass icon or press the return key. You can also limit your search to only the Collection or Gallery you’re viewing using the dropdown menu.
You’ll be presented with a list of matching results sorted by date created (most recent first).
From there, you can use filters to refine your search:
Limits results to a specific file type, like images, video, audio, or files. Note: PDF files are classified as an image file type.
Limits results to a single orientation of image and/or video, like horizontal.
Only files I can download
Limits results to only the files that your login can download. This filter is very useful when you want to find the most actionable content.
Limits results to only images that are available for purchase. (This filter will only display if your organization is using our ecommerce feature.)
Date from / Date to
Limits results to files created on, after, or within a specific date range.
Limits results to files tagged with specific Custom Metadata. (These filters will only display if your organization is using our Custom Metadata feature.)
What if I don’t see the expected results?
If no results were found, or, the file(s) you expect to see do not appear in your search results, try:
- Searching for a different term
- Adjusting your filters in the left pane
- Login to search all publicly visible files + invite-only files
If you still don't see the search results you are expecting, use the "Contact" option located in the top navigation bar and complete the form to reach out to the owner of the Libris account directly and request access to see (and download) their files.
Can I use advanced search operators?
Yes, you can also use the following advanced search operators to refine your initial search by typing them into the search bar along with your search terms:
- Use "&" to find files that contain both words: image & photo
- Use "|" to find files that contain either word: image | photo
- Use "-" to find files that contain "image" but not "photo": image -photo
- Use "(" and ")" to group parts of the search: (photo | photograph) image
- Use quotes to match a phrase: "the best photo"
- All of these may be combined: "the best photo" & (portrait | travel) photographer
Whether browsing or searching, the next step is to download files.